Give your artwork a unique handmade look with the Chalkboard Effect Pack. To get the most authentic look possible, all of the textures were the result of many hours spent hands-on with real chalk.
All you have to do is load up one of our provided high res PSDs (wide format or tall format), load in your artwork, play one of 3 actions (to generate the effect), and hit save!
If you want to get more technical, there are loads of customization options to get exactly the look you want. As a bonus, we’ve included textures to add to your artwork, and to add to the background. We’ve included bonus AI brushes to give your artwork the imperfect edges that would come naturally with chalk. We’ve also included various bonus elements that you’d commonly use with a chalk project, such as circles and underlines.
GENERATOR CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS
- Choose the chalkboard color you want–black, green, neon purple, the sky’s the limit.
- Choose any chalk color
INCLUDED PACKS AND BONUSES
- 3 Photoshop actions, allowing for a variety of chalk effects for your artwork.
- Actions are sensitive to the scale of your artwork, so you can enlarge or shrink your artwork to get different results.
BONUS High Res Chalkboard Textures:
- We’ve included 9 textures so you can customize the chalkboard background. Try various combinations to get the exact look you want.
- Photoshop brushes of textures make it easy to create a chalkboard background to fit any canvas size, or size ratio you want. None of the textures are cropped, so you get natural edges.
BONUS Chalk Elements:
- We’ve included a variety of high resolution circles, dashes, and underlines to use with your project.
BONUS Illustrator Brushes:
- 5 Illustrator brushes give your artwork the rough edges that would naturally occur from using chalk.
- Brushes were derived from actual chalk lines.
BONUS Background Images:
- 5 pre-made background images, for quick projects.
Includes an instructional PDF with easy to follow instructions on how to load and use the textures and actions (with screenshots).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What fonts did you use?
A: I’ve included links to seven fonts that I’d recommend using. Most have been used in these mockups.
Q: What resolution are the textures?
A: Textures are 4100px wide (and larger) brushes for CS6+ users. For users who don’t have PS CS6+ the textures are scaled down to 2499px wide due to software limitations. I’ve included a PSD file with the textures in their full size, so that users without CS6+ are not left out.